3 cups Daily Bread
2.5 tsp instant yeast
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1.25 cups milk (warmed to approx 110F)
1 large egg
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed and softened
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Combine dry ingredients, whisk together and set aside
- In a large bowl, beat egg lightly, then stir in the warmed milk
- Add dry ingredients and stir until combined
- Add the butter all over the surface of mixture, then combine
- Turn the mixture out on a clean surface and begin kneading for about 3 to 5 min until the dough is smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball
- Place the dough ball in a lightly greased bowl and cover for 2 hours. After one hour, punch down and continue rising. lightly butter a 9×13 glass casserole
- Scale dough into 12 – 80g balls. Arrange the balls in the pre-greased casserole. Cover with a wet cloth and rise for another hour. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F
- Bake on a lower rack for 22 to 25 minutes until the tops are golden. Melt and combine glaze ingredients.
- Remove the buns from the oven. While they are still warm, brush generously with the glaze. If you find the honey too sweet, leave it out and double the butter.
- Allow to cool in the casserole for 5 minutes before removing to cool a little bit on a wire rack.
Recipe submitted by our friends at Elora Bread Trading Co.