1847 Stone Milling’s Daily Grind is a combination of two wheats. Soft wheat and hard red wheat. The soft wheat provides the silky texture all purpose flour is known for and the hard red wheat provides the protein content to generate a stable baked muffin, cake or even bread. With the new harvest, all of us at 1847 Stone Milling flavour profiled the organic grains and found that the Daily Grind had notes of nougat, butter and Brazil nut. The nut and butter flavours inspired this banana muffin recipe made with as many organic ingredients as we have on hand and of course whole grain stone ground flour fresh from the mill.
- 3 to 4 ripe organic bananas (muffins will keep fresh longer when 4 bananas are added)
- 2 cups 1847 Stone Milling Daily Grind flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fresh grated cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup local honey
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (we used pure Mexican vanilla extract)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, pecans or Brazil nuts
Buy 1847 Stone Milling Daily Grind flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. We recommend turning on the convection if your oven has the option.
- Using a stand mixer, mash the bananas, add eggs, honey, sugar, melted butter, and the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the stand mixing bowl and blend with wet ingredients.
- Using a 100 mL (3.25 oz.) ice cream scoop, transfer to 12 greased or lined muffin tins. Top with nuts of your choice.
- Bake for 20 minutes with convection on or 22 to 24 minutes without convection. Check with a toothpick to ensure baked through.