We recently flavour profiled the Red Fife wheat harvest. The entire 1847 Stone Milling team were surprised at the tastes of stone fruit, pecan, and the buttery smooth body of the flour. The prominent pecan flavour inspired these muffins which are a great Sunday morning brunch or Monday morning breakfast. They are made with as many organic ingredients as we have on hand and of course whole grain stone ground flour fresh from the mill.
- 3 to 4 ripe organic bananas (muffins will keep fresh longer when 4 bananas are added)
- 2 cups 1847 Stone Milling Red Fife flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fresh grated cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup local honey
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (we used pure Mexican vanilla extract)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Buy 1847 Stone Milling Red Fife flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. We recommend turning on the convection if your oven has the option.
- Using a stand mixer, mash the bananas, add eggs, honey, sugar, melted coconut oil, and the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the stand mixing bowl and blend with wet ingredients.
- Using a 100 mL (3.25 oz.) ice cream scoop, transfer to 12 greased or lined muffin tins. Top with pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes with convection on or 22 to 24 minutes without convection. Check with a toothpick to ensure baked through.