Recipe submitted by our customer Julie.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups Daily Grind or Have Your Cake and Pastry Too flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (don’t use low fat or light)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10-inch angel food cake pan.
2. In small bowl, mix all Filling ingredients; set aside. I like to make extra of this, I do almost another half.
3. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in one cup of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat in half of sour cream then one cup of flour and repeat beating after each addition. Batter is very thick.
4. Spread 1/3 of the batter (about 2 cups) in pan; sprinkle with 1/3 of the Filling (about 6 tablespoons). Repeat twice.
5. Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool 10 minutes. Enjoy!