Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – Kamut Flour
What you need:
170g (1 cup) 1847 kamut flour
105g (1 cup) large flake oats
150g (3/4 cup) chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
125mls (1/2 cup) canola oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
170g (3/4 cup) packed dark brown sugar
Buy Kamut Flour
- Pre-heat oven to 375˚F.
- Prepare two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix kamut flour, oats, chocolate chips, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the oil with the egg, vanilla and brown sugar until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just incorporated and there are no lumps of dry ingredients. the mixture will be quite still and a little bit crumbly.
- Using a 4 tablespoon cookie scoop portion, scoop the dough into 16 large cookies. Space these 2-3cm apart on the baking trays. The mixture might need a little pressing into the scoop but should hold together once it’s on the baking tray.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. The cookies will still feel soft to touch.
- Remove trays from oven and place on cooling racks for 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies from trays and allow them to cool on cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container once at room temperature.
Recipe and photo by Mardi Michels (eat. live. travel. write.)